Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Walk In the Sun

My dad, called me just ten minutes before my lunch break.




He knew how upset I was last night, about the whole "fatherless child" statement.




He went to my attorney's office this morning, and called me to give me what I consider, GREAT NEWS.




He said, the my judge has decided to grant the termination of parental rights, in my case, as an exception to the law. All we need now is for 'him' to sign the legal documents, and my attorney will present them in court, and be done with it.




So with this information, I took a 45 minute walk around the upscale neighborhood, that surrounds my office. The sun is shinning in real life, and in my heart. Now I realize, that yes, I will be a little more financially strapped, since I will be carrying my son on my insurance, and we have one of those bulk plans, where it doesn't matter if you carry 1 child or 6, but so be it. It is a small price to pay for my happiness, and my child never suffering the pain of a sometimes parent.




I like the walk I have around this neighborhood. Like I said earlier, it's upsale, but the homes are older, which I just love. It gives them character, and I can't help me think of how much motivation it has the possibility of being for me. I look at the yards, and grade them on their "lay-ability", (yes I made that word up). In my perfect dream, I would have a nice house, with great grass outside, that if I wanted to , we could just lay in it, and enjoy the weather, pick shapes out of the clouds, whatever, so that is how I judge the yards ;).




I am in a much much better mood.




And thank goodness, it couldn't have come at a better time.

No comments: