Thursday, February 21, 2008

Facsimile

Mr. Attorney:

I have received the papers to terminate my rights to Doodlebug. They
are signed and ready to be delivered to you. I have one concern that needs
to be addressed before we move forward.




As we discussed, the past due child support obligation needs to be
forgiven, whatever the amount is at the time of the termination. I have
been advised by other legal professionals that there is no way for you to
include that in this process since the AGs office is ultimately responsible for
collecting the money, and they do not waive past due obligations upon
termination. If my understanding of this is incorrect and you have made
arrangements for the amount to be forgiven directly with the AGs office, please
send me documentation to that effect that confirms their cooperation.




Otherwise, we need to make a side arrangement with Ms. Anabiosis regarding
this matter. My suggestion is for her to pay the past due support amount and of
course it will quickly be forwarded to her from the AGs office and she is out
the money only temporarily, but my account will be current and then after
terminated.




I am ready to move forward as long as the issue is resolved and I have
documentation from the AGs office attesting to the current account or their
cooperation in forgiving the amount.




Please let me know what else you may need from me.




Loser Ex



So, what do you think. After crying for a minute, I am ok. Granted I do not have the $4000+ to pay off his arrears, and wouldn't. Being that Ex is a underbellied snake in the grass, the moment I did, he would change his mind and come after doodlebug.

So as always, he won't do something unless it's his way. It isn't my fault that he owes the State of Texas. It isn't my fault, that they hold him responsible for his arrears. Nothing I can do about that. All I can do now is either wait for him to send the papers....or keep letting the arrears add up.

Right??

5 comments:

mommamia said...

Is it possible to have the AG's office zero his account if you agree to it? I would make it contingent on the signed papers.
If he will not sign the papers and make arrangements to pay off the arrearages then I would go after him to the full extend of the law.

The arreages will just keep adding up. I really do not understand him. I think it takes real nerve to suggest that you pay it for him.

Anabiosis said...

NO they won't zero, and they shouldn't. My attorney wants to go after him...so I guess we will see.

I wouldn't mind if he paid $200 a month til paid off, or anything else like that...but he really should pay.

jeanie said...

So let me get this straight - he is BLACKMAILING you over terminating his interest in your child?

That is so, so sad.

I have no words of advice at all. Can you request information from the AG's office on how to handle such a matter?

Anabiosis said...

yes it does seem that way doesn't it.

A few hours have passed...and I have read, and re-read this fax over and over. I have gone through so many emotions, and right now, I am blazing mad. And I say, keep on keeping on brother. Keep waiting on me to pay your bills...and your arrears will keep stacking up. If he goes after Doodlebug, I now have in black and white, incriminating evidence for reasons to halt any kind of unsupervised visitation. . .

Anonymous said...

That's good your mad, it keeps you on the right path. :) You not doing anything is only going to make it worse for him. You certainly don't need to turn over a dime, whether you have it or not.You and I could share stories, I swear!

I agree with "jeanie" above... it does sound like blackmail.

Sheesh. Hang in there.