Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Long Weekend, but worth it.






I finally got into my house! Yea! But then spent the whole weekend painting Doodlebugs room. I like to refer to the "Before" picture as "the green monster", as you can see.











This was previously a little boy's room, and for the life of me, after even seeing his room before I made my offer, I don't have a clue as to what they were thinking with this color.





Right after I had already made my registery for Doodlebug, I was walking in the mall one day, and stopped dead in my tracks. I had just found the perfect crib bedding (too late). Too late, and not to mention, it was from Pottery Barn, too expensive. But from Doodle's first Christmas, until now, I have been e-baying things from the set, and just finished last week. So with the new (full size) bedding, I went to work with the green monster, so that it would go well with the Aloha Little Surfer Boy bedding I bought him. This isn't a finished picture, but you'll get the idea. (The blocks are now painted white, with yellow inside, and I left the star brown so that it looks like a starfish)











We've now started in on the guest room, and there's a ton of work to be done, but I am so excited to start doing it.




My attorney faxed EX a letter, now 2 weeks ago, to remind him of his obligation to child support, as well as his agreement to terminate his paternal rights. No response. With my usual perusal of myspace however, I noticed Dingo's comment as,
"Dingo is still trying to take it all in...best Valentine's Day ever!!!"





I can't help but think for people who just filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy, don't pay child support, nor sign papers.....she sure is happy. Grrr..... *stop looking - I know*




I can't help but think (and know) that she still looks at mine, and I look at her's and his. Does anyone else do this? Or am I the only one?

4 comments:

kimzyjm said...

Congrats! Based on all that you have experienced, you deserve all the happiness and more. Feel free to visit me at www.kimzyjm.wordpress.com

Kim

jeanie said...

You know my take on that, darls.

Remember that she probably knows that you are looking and writes stuff to get your craw.

You can always make them private and viewable only by friends.

You can always choose not to host your life online.

She will say things to get you every time - so STOP looking, get someone trustworthy to do occasional checks.

The room looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I look at my ex's girlfriend's myspace. I shouldn't but I do. That's how I found out he and she are headed to vegas this weekend to get married. They certainly didn't tell me or my kid!

But it explains why the ex told me he wouldn't be seeing our kid on his visitation days this weekend.

grrrr. sometimes it's better not to look. ;)

stephanie T said...

i would do the same thing... even though you/i probalby shouldnt!