Thursday, January 24, 2008

What a Messy Day, but I have to laugh still

Let's Play a game. Game is called, What could YOU do with $0.65 ????




Yeppers, that is exactly why I was laughing. I checked my online banking activity this morning, one of my habits, and this is what I found:




Savings: $0.00
Checking: $0.65




Why am I laughing? Why not? I don't get paid again until the 31st of this month, I have a full tank of gas, I have bought groceries, my bills are paid for the month, and that is what is left over. . . . .




I have survived another month, without the $750 a month child support I am suppose to be getting. I have survived another month, waiting on termination papers, that have apparently taken the Pony Express to get returned to my attorney's mailbox.




Good news is, I have a super secret savings account, that is not connected to my checking, that I have stashed money away in, for JustInCase/Doodlebug college.




ahhhh.... God I have to love my life, or I would be miserable every single day.




But I am constantly wheeling, and dealing with the ordeals in my life.




I getting good at being embarrassed, and feeling pathetic. I am actually getting better (not good) but better at swallowing my pride, and asking for help.




Doodlebug's daycare is $175 a week. I love his daycare. I do. He loves it. He talks about one of his teachers ALL-THE-TIME. It broke my heart when I went to put his name on a waiting list for another cheaper school, but I just couldn't afford his school anymore. Out of what I thought was appropriate, I wrote the owner of his current school, to let them know, as soon as there was an availability, Doodlebug would be attending somewhere else. Well, the owner wanted to have a chat. So with a ball of emotion in my throat, I told her what had happened. At the beginning of when Doodlebug got into this school, Monies were actually being seized from bio. and I was getting enough child support to pay his tuition (I had actually taken 3k I got and put it all toward the sememster of school), and I figured after our upcoming court hearing, something would be done to make it regular again. But as you all know, he decided to terminate instead. So, I just couldn't afford his school on my own anymore. Well, the owner asked me if I knew CPR, and being a nurse, of course I did. So we have instead worked out a plan. I will take a CPR instructor course ($98), and teach her 42 teachers, and keep their CPR license current. In return, she is charging me $100 a week in day care, saving me tons of money, and at about $50 a teacher, I'm saving her too.




Whew.... one less thing to worry about! Yea! Just another step of stability for Doodlebug. I am proud of that. Boyfriend even said, he would take the course with me, and help at the daycare.




I have learned in my what feels like infinite experience as a single mom, you have to be so thankful and grateful for even the little things in life, and this to me, with my 65cents, is HUGE!




Boyfriend and I, had a breakthrough last night, and I finally got a glimpse of reasoning for why he has been acting the way he has for awhile, and I had assumed if for awhile, but I got the confirmation last night. <~ I will explain all later, in due time, but time is not right, just yet.




It is raining, and dreary here, as it has been for days..... it feels like the weather has no end in sight. This weather, adds to my state of perpetual melancholy lately for sure. I so desperately want to be outside walking on my lunch break. I am miserable sitting here all day. My body is screaming for exercise, but I can't actually get a gym membership for 65 cents. And I most definitely can't afford another bout of the sickness I've just gotten over. So here I am, thinking of all the things I want to write, but wonder if anyone is really interested in reading.




So, I am going to go fix some hot tea. I have found, being a "Southerner" that I just prefer sweet iced tea, to any. However, I recently discovered Mandarin Orange Spice tea, and I love it! So off for now, Tea time!

3 comments:

mommamia said...

I'm always interested in what you write. Way to go on the daycare. It's a win-win situation for both of you.

Spend that 65 cents wisely. LOL

jeanie said...

I got tears in my eyes from the daycare breakthrough - there ARE some wonderful people in the world!

Glad that, despite the 65 cents you are smiling through, girl, and I really enjoyed the above two posts also.

Hugs to you.

stephanie T said...

WOW, that is awesome about the daycare! they must really like you and your son ;)