Thursday, January 31, 2008

And Sometimes It just SLAMS you. . . .

There are so many things that I worry about when it concerns Ex. Some of it I could and would consider normal. Like the pending termination papers, or wondering now since his bankruptcy is now discharged, will that give him a second wind for him to change his mind, and come back after Doodlebug????????






Then every once in a while, a memory creeps into my mind, and just plays tricks on me. And I have to remind myself that I probably watch too much CourtTV
. But what keeps randomly creeping into my mind, is the very first (Dec. 2004) visit we had at the Attorney General's office, in which our case worker, was kind of going over the rules of what Ex was to provide. At this time, she mentioned something about insurance, and I remember him saying something to the effect of:




"Oh, yeah, I figured that, I'll have to have him added, and I've got a half million life insurace policy..." now this is where my memory fades because I can't remember if he said, "for him" meaning, in case something should happen to Ex, Doodlebug would stand to receive half a million,...or if he said, "on him". I question that because, I know that EX had one out ON ME when we were engaged.




This is one of those explosive thoughts you try to push out of your head, but it comes back all the time.




I keep thinking, what a perfect motive, or alibi for him, should something ever happen to Doodlebug. He could always rely on, "hey I never even saw the kid." "I was in the process of terminating my rights,...I forgot about the policy"....




Like I said, I probably watch too much TV, but when my tires or brakes make a funny noise, I become extremely aware of my environment. I am scared. Which is something I am realizing today.




Do I think EX could be capable? I do.




When he first filed bankruptcy, he file for around $457,000 in debt. He supposedly broke. A $500,000 life insurance policy could come in handy.




I know I shouldn't worry about this. And I have told few enough friends, should anything ever happen, look there first, and why.




But the reason I write about this is because, how do you make your self not worry about such things?




Someone, anyone please write me and tell me I am being irrationale. Please tell me that I really have nothing to worry about. . . .



2 comments:

jeanie said...

That would be something to worry about - I am not saying it is a definite but yes, a worry.

One blogger I read (going through a totally different problem, mind you) had a great approach to her biggest fear, and that was to make an action plan.

How can you find out if an insurance policy is held on someone? Is there an ombudsman that deals with such stuff? What is the legislation over holding such a policy on someone? (ie what is to stop anyone finding a homeless person and setting them up for a cool $500,000 profit?)

What legally can you do about it? Are his insurance required to be slated for the bankruptcy claim? What right does he have to them if he has filed? What rights do you have? What rights does DB have?

How can you change your life to make DB more safe than it is? How much are you willing to let this fear rule your life?

I think it is a fear, but take it with validation so that it does not blow in to paranoia. As someone famous once said, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you...

I don't mean to feed your fear - what we as your friends want you to know is that we want you to live your life without this constant fear, but we do not want to invalidate it either.

Knowledge is power, sweets - and hugs from over here, hey?

I loved your attitude at the end of your last post - gotta look at those silver linings!

Anonymous said...

I found a place online, www.mib.com and I think they can locate something of that nature but it run $75, something I'll have to save up on to run. Thanks for the input, now I'll start working on putting it to work!