Thursday, March 20, 2008

Got a Doctor's Appointment Tuesday


Health Care Professionals make the worst patients!!!
We think we can diagnose ourselves...or just keep waiting it out.
For as long as I can remember, I have been a victim of stress. I am the person that over thinks EVERYTHING and lets it get to me.
I have once been on Paxil, didn't seem to do much, as well as Ambien (which I loved) and Dysrel (knocked me out - can't do with a child in the house now).
Anyway, I finally did it.
I made a doctor's appointment to see if there is anything I can do for my fatigue.
Last September-ish, when I went for my yearly OB/GYN visit, I discuss my lack of desire, and my inability to sleep well. Her suggestion was to "get some of the stress out of my life."
I smiled patiently, and thought, "Wonder if next time I fill out a patient history form, if I should give her a copy of the notebook I have filled full of 4 years of hateful emails, posts written on websites, text messages, and court documents. . . "and then she is she can seriously ask me to see if I can reduce some of the stress in my life.
Although I am no longer receiving the hateful emails, or posts that Dingo used to write, I am still under the stressors of waiting for the termination papers.
Anyway....here's to hoping this Doc can help me with the fatigue, and everything else....

1 comment:

jeanie said...

I really hope it can answer some questions for you, A.

It becomes a bit of a vicious cycle, eh? You are tired so everything is so hard to deal with so it all gets on top of you so it takes all of your energy so you are tired.

There is a saying - if you can't change your circumstances, you should change how you allow it to affect you. Maybe that is what the previous doctor meant by reducing your stress? It is like a hot knife when you are overshot, a comment like that, much like all you need to do is put a smile on your face when you are depressed - but unfortunately they do help - which just makes them more irritable.

Also, in terms of unsolicited advice - you heed to find a communication method that works with boyfriend so he can again be one of your allies and not another thing that stresses you. I say this because I hate to see the pain you are going through and the feeling you have that you must overcome it all by yourself.