Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I believe I need a reboost

I have come to realize, that I am zapped of any energy all the time.


I sat waiting at the hospital with my dad yesterday for him to be called in for a colonoscopy, and right there, in public, something I have never done, I feel asleep. Not to mention, went to bed at a decent hour, slept in, but man....I felt so tired and sleepy, layed my head back...and jumped up 10 maybe 15 minutes later when they opened the door to call a patient back.


Boyfriend is entirely 'frustrated' with me because, I never, and I mean never, have the interest in anything at night, other than sleeping. I used to like mornings, but not even that anymore. I feel exhausted all the time. I feel sleepy all the time.


I feel bad for Boyfriend, because although we've had a few arguments here and there over my lack luster zeal for passion on the sheets, he's been extremly patient with me. I want to have more energy for these things, but don't have a clue where to find it. I read all these other single mom's blogs, about dating and their sex life, and I can't help but wonder where, and how do they find the energy and 'want-to' for it?

I love boyfriend, I am very attracted to boyfriend, but I just want to sleep all the time. As soon as a few things die down some, I really want to start exercising again. I know everyone says, exercising, helps boost energy. As I was perusing the web today, I found this article:

http://http//health.discovery.com/centers/sex/articles/romancetips.html

I really liked what it said here:


"Take time for yourself every day. While this can be tough with hectic schedules, jobs and kids, even 10 to 15 minutes a day can help reduce your stress and give you more energy for your partner. What's more, says Laura, "it's really hard to go out and go bungee jumping if you've neglected your own life. It's important to keep your own energy going. The more connected to who you are, the less you get lost in the daily grind, which pulls you away from your partner. And the more sensual and the more connected to yourself you are, the more available you are for your partner. I think it's really tough when one partner stays really connected with themselves and the other is still lost. Both partners really need to make a commitment to do that."
There is where my biggest fault is. I don't really ever have time to myself. I have tried like a bazillion times, to tell boyfriend, I don't like talking on the phone on my way to work or on the way home (the only alone time I really have). He takes it personally, thinking I don't want to talk to him, which isn't necessarily always true. Yes sometimes I call people I haven't talked to in a while or something like that, but with them, I am talking, not just sitting on the phone in silence with nothing to really talk about. His defense, he just wants to be on the phone with me, doesn't matter if we have anything to talk about, I however, find that annoying.

I don't really know where to start compromising with him.


If anyone is reading this, and you have any tips, suggestions, comments, PLEASE SHARE!

1 comment:

jeanie said...

Anabiosis

Firstly, you need to start drawing the lines. If you start getting into the habit of making love (know what you mean about the grown up aspect of that) when you are really whirring on the unpacking, then it will become something that is linked to whirring about unpacking rather than a stand alone nice thing.

Second - turn OFF your phone during your drive. Tell boyfriend you are going to do this because it is EXTREMELY dangerous to be multitasking in such a way and you need to reclaim your driving headspace.

Third - you need time to turn off the mummy switch. I know this and V knows and appreciates this too. If you need, tell him to help you with the chores to help speed up the time a bit, and then have a bath or shower to deliniate the Mummy time and the Lover time.

Finally - get some quality multivitamins! And if you can, start the day with grapefruit - my little secrets all on display for you!