Monday, March 10, 2008

How can 1 lb irritate you so badly?

OK, so I am on a mission....to lose 10 lbs by may 2008. Last week, I stopped drinking sodas. It's officially been 4 days now, (with the exception for a few sips on a diet coke yesterday, and I literally mean like 4). I would have thought there would have been at least a pound, one little single pound shed by that! Nope, I gained one. And I worked like a mad women this weekend.


Friday night was "Date Night" for boyfriend and I. There is a really neat art studio in town that was having a parent's night out from 5:30-9, for $15.00 + bring a meal, so I signed Doodlebug up . I even drove him by there that morning to look at it and things of that nature so it wouldn't be that big of a shock to him. I never just drop him off with anyone, and I was a little apprehensive about it, but a mom I met through a meet up group I joined at meetups.com suggested it, so I thought I would give it a whirl. As soon as I picked him up from school, he was ready to go to Picasso's Place. I drove him through McDonald's for nuggest, apple slices and chocolate milk. I observed 2 other vehicles in front of me singlely getting happy meals as well, as we all pulled out, going to the same place :). I thought he might hug my leg, until he warmed up, but like a duck in water, he was off, rolling play-dough into snakes with other children.


Boyfriend and I spent the entire rest of our night at Outback, mostly at the bar waiting for a table, while drinking 22oz beer, and another on the way to our table...(ah ha....that is probably where that lb came from !). Anyway, then we got into a stupid fight, which I may detail later. I just sent an email to a friend from high school, to see if she can back up my part of the fight, and if she has the right answer, I'll write more about it. But needless to say, that twin over full bunk came in handy , because that was were I slept friday night....I showed him....whatever, that thing was so uncomfortable, I put a feather bed on it yesterday. How many 3 year olds do you know that own two beds? One with a goose down featherbed, and the upper twin that has egg crates??? He's rotten.



Then we spent saturday, diving into our boxes of messes. Throwing some stuff to the trash, some stuff the garage sale pile, others to the put back in the plastic totes (as my mother calls them) and up in the attic. Which was another huge fiasco. We had to make another trip to lowes because boyfriend who has searched the attic when we first moved in for critters, said we needed ply wood, to put across the rafters so we could make solid places for our boxes. Ok, I felt it ok to spend the money on that, so I bought two huge pieces of plywood at $34. We got home, and guess what is up in the attic?

  1. Enough ply wood, that we make a few places to place our storage containers.


  2. A little furry rat, whom I now call Ralphy, who made my boyfriend jump and almost squeal too cute.


So, I am not sure what he and his brother did for like an hour and a half that night in the attic, but there is a critter....and there is plywood. I'm taking what we bought back, one sheet of it anyway, boyfriend wants to make a sturdier door from the other sheet for the shed outside, I can't wait to see how this turns out *rolling eyes, with a massive inspiration*.



.


Then, yesterday, we got rid of my beast of a king size mattress, FINALLY. My parents gave it to me, when I got my first apartment, that was mine alone, back in 2001. They had first gotten it back when my niece was a baby, and she will be 20 this year. So, ick... it was in need of being chunked! Then we (I) took some stuff to my brother's for our combo garage sale. And last, I started tackling some of the decorations for doodle's room. I am still not finished, and I have to say that the bunk takes up sooooooooo much room!!! But we turned it around, and put cork board up behind the headboards, and are planning to add some tiki-skirting under the cork boards to make little curtains, so just imagine along with me.


















The moon light that you see, it really cool! I got it at Ikea, but is just darling when it's lit up in a dark room. I also got him a second one that is a blue star just to the left of his bed. He loves to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", whenever he turns them on at night. I have the matching twin quilt now in the mail too. I had too. So much for my savings account, right??


He came home with two paintings from Picasso's Place, so I tacked them onto his top twin board.






















Here is a sort of different angle. Yes, he is 3, still loves his blankie and still sucks his thumb when we are not reminding him not to. I wish I would have closed the blinds sooner, or at least before taking the pictures! I am thinking that I want to make a red and white stripped curtain for his window, but can't decided for sure. What do you think? Leave the blinds? make a curtain? Any suggestions about the room at all are definitely appreciated! And I have to say , I love his bed. I think I made a great purchase here! It's much sturdier than the metal one for sure! Little monkeys...jump on the bed.....


This is actually a neat picture, you can see my little starfish now that are painted and not just wood anymore! They were suppose to be Texas stars, but I painted the outside white, the inside yellow, and left the star the natural wood color so it would look more like a starfish.





















I also found 2 really cool posters from www. allposters.com for his room! Boyfriend, donated a pretty shirt from a Ron Jon Surf shop for me to do something creative with, it's on his red oversized anywhere chair.



















For right now, I have his TV on a plastic set of drawers, it works, for now at least. When I was a teen (and now too I guess) I have always been a hopeless beach lover. I even went through my surfer (if you can call it that on Texas waves) phase. To commerate all things Holy in the land of Surf and Turf, I found this super cool, tin Endless Summer Poster, as well as beachy wall stickers from Target, and I stole boyfriend Tiki Torches, that used to be on his apartment balcony.






















Ok, so I messed up on my pictures here, but that's ok :) This was the other picture poster I got. It is just really pretty and colorful, but there is a big glare on it, but I think you can somewhat make it out. The palm tress and the surf boards are complementary of a kit I got at Target for about $15.00.





















I also got the live to surf board at Target, and the cutie hula girl and hut picture is one that boyfriend had at his apartment, I think in his kitchen, but I can't remember. And last but not least, I still haven't tackled the monster of the nook where his bookshelf currently resides piled with toys, boys, those cute to be put up toy holders I bought at Ikea too.... There will be toys to be sold at the garage sale.....I can't wait.









So that was the majority of my weekend.





This week is going to be a monster. Already work has been tough. I started this at about 8:30 this morning, and right now I am eating my lean cuisine pizza and drinking water....dying for a coke though!





I really want to get back into shape. Yesterday while Doodle was sleeping and I was tying myself into knots to get the featherbed on his bunk, I was watchign bulging brides, and kept wondering about the fact, that if THEY can do it in 6 weeks, I should be able to as well....




Let the count down begin.




Weighed today: 137lbs. Not happy about that at all......
36 inches at bust (with padded bra...sad I know)
30 inches at waist, although boyfriend and I argue about where that is. I say it's where I curve in between my ribs and my hips. He says that is my ribs. He think my waist is where the "waistband of your jeans or underwear sit"...I think he doesn't understand the term "hip-huggers". . . .
37 big ol inches at my butt.....







ok...I'm super sad now...........

No comments: