Thursday, April 10, 2008

Birth Control Help

ok...ANY LADIES out there, with any great info pleeeeease help me.

I've been playing around with my BC this year.

Have always been on ortho-trycyclin forever and ever,until I tried the patch and was blessed with my son...but got on ortho-tricyclin lo after having Doodlebug.

I dont know if it was the pill or the change in my body but I felt like it made me a nutscase.

So, I switched to Lybrel. The no-period pill. My mood swings are non-existent, however you have break through bleeding that I can not handle anymore. It's just enough to annoy the hell out of you, and can last for up to 2 weeks at a time. (Dr's office says, ...yeah that can happen for the first year or so)- done.

So then, I called and got them to call me something in to my pharmacy, and they did and called in LoEstrin 24. And the nurse said that it has a generic, but it doesn't because I went to pick it up last night and it was $55 with insurance.

Now I realize that $55 is nothing to pay in place of having a baby, but was wondering if there is anything else out there, that anyone else would suggest.

Thanks!

3 comments:

stephanie T said...

i have the merina IUD and love it- i hardly ever get a period just some spotting every few months... and it is more effective than the pill- and $30 copay and good for 5 years...

Anabiosis said...

ok...but what happens if I want to have a baby in the next 2 years????

how does that work?

Take it out?

How long does it take to be 'fertile' again?

stephanie T said...

ya take it out- and supposedly fertile immediately

http://www.mirena-us.com/freedomforbusylife.html?C=&c=

A Quick Return to Fertility

If you decide you'd like to try to become pregnant, Mirena can be easily removed by your healthcare professional. In fact, studies show your chances of getting pregnant after Mirena is removed are similar to women who had not been using any form of birth control.
Shorter, Lighter Periods

Most women will also experience shorter, lighter periods with Mirena. However, in the first 3 to 6 months after Mirena is placed, you may experience heavier periods because the lining of your uterus is shedding. But once your body gets used to Mirena and your uterus has shed, your period may even stop entirely. When Mirena is removed, your uterine lining and menstrual cycle will return to the way they were before you used Mirena.