Monday, April 14, 2008

Me in Six Words or Less

One of my every morning reads, is MommyPie , I love her. I love her because she is a single mom, but more than that, she is hilarious. She cracks me up. Everything from her granny panties, to the most recent, Where's Waldo post.


I read one today where I should be summing me up in six words or less.






I am my own Rising Phoenix.







I think back on my 'issues' as MommyPie wrote it....and they are long and painful. From a terrible relationship with my mother that started when I was a child, and lasted until my son was born, to the nasty relationships along the way before the doozy of them all with my son's biological father (I hate that word by the way - but have no clue really how else to refer to him).



My relationship with my Ex was on of dependency, and emotional and mental abuse. There was a time that I felt worthless. That I would never be as in love or happy as I was (I had no idea) then. I was a wreck and a mess. My life was doomed to sadness and emptiness.



Good grief, I would like to go back in time and just whisper to myself back then.



Now, I am a strong woman. I am someone who has carried and given birth to a child without a significant other. I have raised that baby (with the help of my family) by myself. I have found a new partner, that I love very much, although it is a very different, much more mature love. I doubt that I will ever have the same love for anyone that I did for EX, because I am not, nor will I ever been that impressionable, immature, vulnerable girl again. And he was my first love, and I don't think, that the feelings you get when it's the first time you experience something like, are not re~creatable in the same sense. It's like the first time you ever in your life, rode a roller coaster. They are all fun and scary, and give that rush of adrenaline, and completely fulfilling, but they will never feel like that first time you sat in that cart, clicked in and started up that first hill, not knowing what was ahead.



I am still pretty new to the blogger world, and still do not understand some of the lingo, so when MommyPie writes things like:



4. Tag at least five more blogs with links.


I'm not quite sure what that means....so anyway here are the rules:





1. Write your own six word memoir.



2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want.



3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.



4. Tag at least five more blogs with links.



5. Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play…





I had a pretty good weekend. OH AND BEFORE I FORGET......... I PASSED MY RN TEST WITH THE FLYING COLORS OF A "B" !!!!!!!



Our friends came up from Beaumont with their 2 daughters; and we had a blast! Yesterday was the laziest Sunday ever, which was so nice., but unfortunately, I am still so sleepy.

With my mention in my previous post about, I got it back...



It wasn't a link... it was a picture of the Dingo. Two of them actually. First and foremost, I have to add some history here.



When Ex and I were together, I was anywhere between 110-120lbs tops. I easily wore a size 2 in anything. Tiny thing. However, Ex used to call me cankles, tell me that I looked fat, and then to top it off, after a day of trying on wedding dresses, I made the comment that I found one that I like, and I laughed because it was a size 8. He looked me dead in the eye, and said, "No wife of mine will ever wear a size 8". I replied with, are you kidding me, you have to wear so much crap under those things, everyone wears 2 sizes bigger than their clothes sizes. He again said, "like I said, no wife of mine will ever wear a size 8 in anything..."



The first time I saw Dingo, I thought about once when he told me, that after a few years of marriage (to me) he'd probably be trading me in for younger, smaller version.



We look nothing alike. We're the same height, both had long blonde hair, but similarities ended there. I had just had a baby, and no where near my size 2, she was though. I am willing to be that any of you reading this, are thinking...let it go. And a few other's are probably laughing right there with me.

I'm going to get a better full bodied picture of myself up here, maybe tomorrow...

Again... I know that this blog is suppose to be about therapy for me.

A new life, a new beginning, and for the most part it is.

But sometimes, just sometimes, you get the 'revenge' you want because a picture really does say a thousand words.

3 comments:

stephanie T said...

you are right- she's not obese or anything but she is definitely past his wife 'criteria'!

jeanie said...

ha ha - see, I would have slung him to the kerb for comments like that - you have GOT TO be so glad to not have that sort of poison around you 24/7, and there is a certain schadenfraude in her not toeing that particular line!!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad you did the memoir meme! And what a great six words you came up with -- love it -- you GO GIRL!

Oh, and the tag thing -- you just name some people you want to "tag" in your post. Meaning, you're passing the assignment on to someone else to do. They then write their own memoir (or whatever the tag is), tag more people, and so on and so on ...

Did that make ANY sense? Don't worry, I'm still trying to figure out what meme MEANS ...

And thanks for the love, btw :)