Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The little things that make you fall in love, again

On my way home from work yesterday, my boyfriend called me to tell me he would meet me at the gym, and had already picked up a rotisserie chicken (cause I need the protein for low iron), as well as a bottle of fish oil supplements...and a bottle of prenatal vitamins.

For some reason, that alone made my heart swell. I thought it was extremely kind, of him. I could just see the check out person looking at a man buying prenatals...I found the mental picture funny.

We begun saying grace every night at dinner. Doodle just loves this. He says it, all the while Boyfriend is teaching it to him. We all hold hands and pray over our dinner.

As we were trying to convince Doodle to eat more chicken, (there isn't' a vegetable this boy won't stick in him mouth, and sometimes the only thing he wants to eat), he always counters with "cause it will make me strong like boyfriend."

Last night, The Boyfriend was being silly with Doodle, and doing this weird thing were he would pretend to be blowing in his thumb, and that was blowing his bicep up. Doodle thought this was the funniest thing ever, and gave some of the deepest bellied laughs I have heard in a while.

This went on and on, until most everything was eaten and we cleared the table and went off for baths and bedtime stories.

These are the things that make me the happiest.....

These are the moments I want back everyday without the interruptions of my mind whirling around, when is that piece of mail going to come with my next court date, or if the EX does somehow show up at my door step in two weeks.....

3 comments:

stephanie T said...

aww, so glad you had a good night! isnt it great to hear our kids giggle!

Anabiosis said...

it does...him laughing can make my worst days turn around...

working out last night, this some came on my ipod thing (boyfriend did all the music on it for me) and I thought wow...these lyrics are awesome...and just how I feel...but a mom of course

Now dad this is a very sensitive subject

From the first time the doctor placed you in my arms

I knew Id meet death before Id let you meet harm

Although questions arose in my mind would I be man enough

Against wrong choose right and be standin up

From the hospital that first night
Took a hour just ta get the carseat in right

People drivin all fast got me kinda upset

Got you home safe placed you in your basonette

That night I dont think one wink I slept

As I slipped out my bed to your crib I crept

Touched your head gently felt my heart melt

Cause I know I loved you more than life itself

Then to my knees and I begged the lord please

Let me be a good daddy all he needs
Love knowledge discipline too
I pledge my life to you

Chorus

Just the two of us we can make it if we try

Just the two of us just the two of us

Just the two of us building castles in the sky

Just the two of us you and i

Verse 2

Five years old bringin comedy

Everytime I look at you I think man a little me

Just like me

Wait an see gonna be tall

Makes me laugh cause you got your dads ears an all

Sometimes I wonder what you gonna be

A general a doctor maybe a mc

Haha I wanna kiss you all the time

But I will test that butt when you cut outta line trudat

Uh uh uh why you do dat

I try to be a tough dad but you be makin me laugh

Crazy joy when I see the eyes of my baby boy

I pledge to you I will always do
Everything I can

Show you how to be a man

Dignity integrity honor an

An I dont mind if you lose long as you came with it

An you can cry aint no shame it it

It didnt work out with me an your mom

But yo push come to shove

You was conceived in love

So if the world attacks and you slide off track

Remember one fact I got your back

Chorus

Verse 3

Its a full time job to be a good dad

You got so much more stuff than I had

I gotta study just to keep with the changin times

101 dalmations on your cd rom

See me im Tryin to pretend I know
On my pc where that cd go

But yo aint nuthin promised one day Ill be gone

Feel the strife but trust life does go wrong

But just in case

Its my place

To impart

One day some girls gonna break your heart

And ooh aint no pain like from the opposite sex

Gonna hurt bad but dont take it out on the next son

Throughout life people will make you mad

Disrespect you and treat you bad

Let God deal with the things they do

Cause hate in your heart will consume you too

Always tell the truth say your prayers

Hold doors pull out chairs easy on the swears

Youre living proof that dreams do come true

I love you and Im here for you

Chorus to fade
This is a good song dad how much am I gettin paid for this

jeanie said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful night and you painted some great pictures with your words.