Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I am from Venus and he is from Mars

Men say that "they just don't understand women", right?


Well I think that is bullshat.


Last night, the boyfriend came home, as I was starting to cook bacon for our BLT'S for dinner. I had also splurged on a bunch of fruit for the sides.


Anyway, he came in everything was fine and normal, I finished washing all the left over dishes from the weekend, as he took over the bacon duty.


I will repeat, everything was fine. Everything seemed normal.


But while the 3 of us sat down to dinner, he went stone cold. Not a word to say. This coming from a man, who every 5 minutes asks me, "What are you thinking about?", and my honest to goodness answer most of the time is , "nothing." His reply is always, "yes you are, what are you thinking about?"

Anyway, I asked him what was wrong, and he gave the "nothing".... he just sat there and very slowly ate. I did get the feeling that he was annoyed by my 3 year old lack luster in table manners although I am teaching him and it is slow going, it is a work in progress. So , I finally say, "why are you so quite then, you aren't saying anything." He says, "I have nothing to say."

Now every woman KNOWS that those words especially in the way that they are said, means...THERE IS ALOT TO SAY.

I asked him a few more times, but never got anything out of him, and therefore got annoyed. After I finished, I got up to start dinner's dishes. At some point, he got up and went outside to move the 20 bags of leaves from the backyard we racked Sunday to the front for the garbage man to pick up. I didn't help. I didn't feel the need to. I assumed, #1 he was letting off some steam, and #2, I cleaned the house from top to bottom Friday, including all the dirty dishes, that I washed...that were never put up, with a ton more added this weekend. So I figure, if I am doing all the inside work, he can haul the bags 20 yards by himself. Got Doodle in the tub and dressed and put to bed.

He went about the house last night still not talking, acting piffed about something. So I gathered my notes, and made a cushy place in bed to study. Bad news. I got sleepy. Went to sleep early.


Oh well, sleep is good for you.


He came to bed sometime later. I didn't' budge.


But I did dream he was trying to kill me. Funny, right? I had a dream that we were closing the doctor's practice, and the new people who were taking the space were moving in. It was a woman who ran an office for women with, crap I can't think of how it was phrased: something about an addiction to dressing up like a cross between Lucille ball and Carol Bernett.





















Yeah, I know weird right? And the new workers were so mean to me. I asked them what kind of clinic this was, and the one girl, snuffed at me and said as she looked around at the color weird art, and said, "this isn't a clinic." So as snarky as I could, I said, "What kind of office is this?" Which is where I found out about the weird whatever it was called. Anyway, the owner offered me a job as a nurse there in the "not-clinic" until my new job started at $25.80 an hour. Yeah I know weird number. Whatever.

Anyway, Boyfriend was there in my car at the end of the day, and said he had taken some NyQuil liquid gels, and was kinda acting off his rocker. Anyway, He was "driving me home" when he turned the car in the middle of the road, and was about to let an 18 wheeler hit me. Then somehow we ended up behind a dairy queen, when an employee saws us fighting and got me away from him, and somewhere in all that I found that my seat belt had been tampered with, well almost sawed in half. Then I remember calling my brothers to help me find him so we could get him put in jail and I could feel safe at home.

Weird dream right? And no, before anyone asks, Boyfriend is harmless, so I do not somewhere subconsciously think he would hurt me.

I was more pissed last night because, I was trying to study for my upcoming test, and instead, I was trying to figure out why the hell he was upset. And the phrase that someone left here once that kept popping up in my head was "emotional blackmail."

I didn't wake him up this morning, nor did I do the usual "bye baby have a good day" either.

We left while he was in the shower.

I just don't understand.

And men say that women are impossible.

2 comments:

stephanie T said...

what a pain in the booty... how can you try to 'fix' what is wrong if he pretends nothing's wrong? MEN!

jeanie said...

lol I just went to the wedding of my cousin. Her hubby is - sorry, was a master at the silent routine - he could hold out for days on end.

She solved him. She (eventually) just took the cue, said "fine, you play that game and I will play mine" and continued dealing with him AS IF HE WAS ACTING NORMAL.

See, it works for them if it upsets you. If it doesn't and you just give the "oh, you will tell me and we fix it together, or you won't and I have one less thing to worry about - your choice" card, it is THEIR problem to deal with.

Sometimes they just need their cave - let him have it, just don't keep bringing him milk and cookies and ask him to come out and play.

Good luck on it all.

Oh - and apparently you can write your blog on your phone and upload it that way... No idea how, but it is a possibility.