Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I don't even have words....

to express what I am feeling as I read this link, http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/personal/04/15/fragmented.families.ap/index.html, which I found from http://www.singlemomseeking.com/.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Divorce and out-of-wedlock childbearing cost U.S. taxpayers more than $112 billion a year, according to a study commissioned by four groups advocating more government action to bolster marriages.

Marriages....really? Out-of-wedlock childbearing cost the U.S. taxpayers more than $112 billion....

I read some of Rachel's comments on her page about how, "Well...if any of the mother's have ever been on WIC or any other government funding, well THEY ARE THE ONES COSTING TAXPAYERS...."

Let me try to set that record straight for a moment, please.

I was 26 when Doodlebug was born. And for a decade previous to that, I was a tax payer, myself. Always paying my taxes from my first job in a grocery store, to the job I held as a nurse aide at mother/baby.

After returning home, he was on Medicaid, waiting for his father to decided if he was a dad or not, and putting him on his insurance at the AG's order. Even then, it was, my goodness, months, or even closer to a year or longer before I could use them. Because he put the wrong name on the card, and refused to fix it. With me being a student, Doodle still qualified for Medicaid, and thank God I had it, other wise, I don't have a clue how his medical bills would have been paid. And yes, we even accepted WIC for a very short amount of time.

But my God, if as a Tax-payer myself for a decade, and now, am not someone who qualified and was deserving, to receive financial help from a program that I paid into myself, then who the hell does qualify???

And now, I am a single mom, ohhhh the blasphemy.... and a tax-payer...... so who am I taking money from again...myself?????

"The study documents for the first time that divorce and unwed childbearing -- besides being bad for children -- are costing taxpayers a ton of money," said David Blankenhorn, president of the Institute for American Values.


I just don't know what to say except, that I am not a drain on the U.S. economy...

however people like my EX...who is so 'Holy' married.... a deadbeat dad....and files bankrupcty for nearly half a million.... Which I know for a fact, as written as a private message to my friend, 2 years previous, that they were broke and needing to file bankruptcy...so what did they do?

Thank you, things are great with XXXX(The EX) and I. All it took was a good sit down chat about the things that were bothering both of us. He is really stressed about money, and it is wearing down our souls. We will probably be filing bankruptcy in the next few months, but I guess lots of people have to do that. It will not affect doodlebug's insurance or child support, so no need to let Ana know about it. Please keep that between us. I will try and catch up more soon.


They spent the next two years... racking up their debt...just to be discharged.

What has this hard working, tax paying momma done? Paid off bills, almost paid off all credit bills, bought a house, and raised a child on my own...

Now... please tell me....

who is the drain by $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on the economy?????????

2 comments:

Single Mom Seeking said...

Well said! You just put the truth out there. Bravo.

Anabiosis said...

Thanks SMS...

It just makes me mad... I do work hard for me and my son....

I do unfortunately see how the Ex and Dingo..aren't doing anything for him... except for the seized moneies I get from the government or the $50 here or there...

It just makes me mad...that's all.